March News from Your Chamber
Thank you to those who voted for the Local Option Sales and Service Tax that will benefit all of us living and working in Windsor Heights. Collectively your chamber:
- Held eight “Coffee & Conversation” events at Grounds for Celebration talking to residents about the benefits and the true story behind the vote;
- Held two public informational meetings prior to the City Council meeting;
- Sent a Vote Yes mailer to each household in Windsor Heights;
- Created Vote Yes yard signs that went up the Sunday before the vote.
The result was that nearly 65% of voters here approved the measure. In the future we’ll keep you informed regarding the use of the funds generated for our community.
The Survey Says…
The survey of our members is in. The results indicate the top two areas are Visibility of your business and being part of a Collective Voice when it comes to City government.
Here is what you told us when it comes to helping your business become more visible:
- Your Business being featured in the Windsor Heights Living Magazine;
- Your Business being listed on our Chamber Website;
- Your Business being featured in our e-newsletter;
- Your Business featured on Chamber social media.
We’ll work every day to meet and exceed your expectations.
What??? Your Chamber now has “office hours” a first for our organization! It’s our way of better connecting with our community. We’re open Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9:00am and 11:00am at 6571 University Avenue. That is the home of Lauren Campbell Photography and she has graciously offered that spot for us to have real “office hours”. Thank you Laura!
New Member Spotlight
If you didn’t make it to our February Lunch & Learn we took the time to interview Michelle Allison-Peterson about the history of the Walnut Creek YMCA and the many, many programs that are available through the organization. We were surprised and so grateful they are back with us so we, together, can make a difference for all our residents. To listen to that conversation click through. http://bit.ly/2TotGe0
March Lunch & Learn
We’ll gather at Banker’s Trust on the 27th at 11:45am for a program from long time member Kris Gregersen from Premium Solutions. He will have a large display of new promotional items and apparel for you to experience before/after lunch. During lunch, he will talk about tangible branding, as it relates to every business. You should come away with ideas to enhance customer loyalty, reward brand champions, introduce new products and services, and more. Lunch is $10 per person. Bring a guest!